You’ll likely be closest to your console when you realize you need to reset your PlayStation Network password, so it’s no surprise this is one of the most common methods. The process for resetting your PlayStation Network password differs slightly between the PS4 and PS5, so it’s important to follow the steps for your specific console to avoid any issues (via Sony).
- On a PS5, navigate to Settings > Users and Accounts > Account > Sign In. If you’re using a PS4, navigate to Settings > Account Management > Sign In.
- Click the triangle button and choose Next. Open the email sent to the address linked with your PSN account.
- Click the link in the email, and you will arrive at a page to change your password.
If you need to reset your password while you’re away from your console, you’re in luck because Sony makes it just as easy to perform the task from a browser. Whether you’re on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, it should only take a few minutes if you have access to the email associated with your PlayStation Network account.
- Head to PlayStation’s Account Management page.
- Select the “Trouble Signing in?” option.
- Select “Reset Your Password.”
- Enter the email address associated with your account.
- Click the emailed link to open the web page where you can reset your password.
It should take a few minutes for the email to arrive in your inbox; however, if you’ve been waiting for 10 minutes or more, you should check your spam folder to see if the email is there. You should also double-check whether you misspelled your email address within the PlayStation Network system.