Hedgewars has been going for quite a number of years now, although it only had a 1.0 release back in 2019. It’s very much styled in the spirit of Worms, except with hedgehogs. If you’ve somehow never played Worms or Hedgewars: teams take it in turns to try to blow the other up, with turn-based combat and various different weapons. Your weapons also blow up the terrain and it can be thoroughly entertaining.
- Hilarious and strategic turn based combat for up to 8 players.
- Both local and network multiplayer, with optional AI opponents.
- Two singleplayer campaigns with a total of 24 missions.
- Utilize about 58 devastating weapons and utilities! Defeat your foes with simple weapons like grenades or take it to the next level and trash entire landscapes with weapons like the watermelon bomb or piano strike.
- Improve your skills in a total of more than 25 single missions for learning the game, target practice, challenges and just for fun.
- Battle on an infinite number of randomly generated maps with 37 environments, or choose from 44 set image maps, or even draw your own in an editor.
- Play the game your with 25 different game modifiers, tweak almost every aspect of the match.
- Save your favourite gameplay settings in schemes.
- Customise your team, with over 280 hats/costumes, 32 graves, 13 forts, 100’s of flags and 13 unique voice packs.
Play free on Steam and more info on the official site.