Elden Ring – pretty much nailed on for Game of the Year awards across the board. But having first released on Xbox, PlayStation and PC back in the early months of 2022, only now are we seeing fresh new content arrive. It’s with that in which the Colosseum doors creak open, inviting in new free game modes and cosmetic options.
Should you not yet have risen with the Tarnished, then Elden Ring is a beautifully presented, hard as nails, combat affair in which players get the opportunity to dip into a fantasy action-RPG based world, fighting off all in hope of utilising the power of the Elden Ring and prove themselves as an Elden Lord.
It’s one of our GOTY contenders, and will no doubt clear the board when it comes to gathering up trophies, but just as we move into the holiday season, it’s Elden Ring which is offering up more.
The Colosseum is at the heart of the new push and upon the doors opening you’ll find access to three new arenas. These are located in Limgrave, Caelid and Leyndell, forcing Player vs Player fights as each arena brings forth its own new rules.
Full details of each of the Colosseum arenas as follows…
- The Limgrave Colosseum features two modes: United Combat and Combat Ordeal.
- In United Combat, combatants will be divided into two teams to fight in timed battles with the ability to respawn. Each death and respawn grants points to the adversaries, offering victory to the team with the higher score.
- In Combat Ordeal, it’s every Tarnished for themselves. Combatants in this mode can also respawn until the timer hits zero, and the one with the most points will prevail as victor.
- The Royal Colosseum, located in Leyndell, features Duel Mode. Two Tarnished face off in a duel to the death, without the ability to respawn.
- The Caelid Colosseum features all aforementioned modes with the addition of being able to summon Spirit Ashes to fight by players’ sides.
These arena based fights in Elden Ring can be taken in alone, or with others, thanks to the use of group passwords – surely there is nothing better than teaming up with or against your friends as you hone your skills in the intense surroundings of the Colosseums?
But there’s more hitting Elden Ring and you’ll also find five new hairstyles in place. You know, looking good has never been more important…
You’ll find Elden Ring and the new free Colosseum features present on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and PC. Pick up the game from the Xbox Store if you haven’t done so already.