Screenshot by PC Invasion
Marvel’s Midnight Suns has the Standing Stones puzzle in the Abbey Grounds. You may have passed by the location without knowing what to do with it, at least early on in the game. Later, though, you’ll have the means to complete these optional tasks. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Standing Stones puzzle guide to help you with the solution so you can obtain more Legendary Arcane Chests.
Note: We’ll have a Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Standing Stones puzzle and Legendary Arcane Chests guide
The Standing Stones puzzle in Marvel’s Midnight Suns can be found northeast of the Abbey (seen in the featured image). You won’t be able to do anything just yet since there are a few requirements:
- You should have Word of Power: Open already, as that’s part of the Agatha Harkness segments in the Abbey.
- You’ll then need to find the Elemental Rods so they can be placed in Agatha’s Altar. You’ll receive your second Moon Seal here.
- From there, travel northeast, unbarring the large rocks that are blocking your path. You’ll come across a clearing with the Standing Stones, but the platform in the center isn’t active yet.
- Make your way to the nearby Blood Gate when it’s nighttime. Complete the challenge therein, which involves beating up some mobs and surviving for four turns.
- You’ll then be able to explore the cave and place the Moon Seal on the plinth. This nets you Word of Power: Reveal.
- Return to the Standing Stones are and use Reveal to start the puzzle.
You’ll notice that the runes/gylphs on the rocks are visible. Your goal now is to press each one in the correct order. But, wait, how would you know what the exact order is? Well, the solution is all the way back in the Abbey.
Specifically, you’ll want to head to the chapel, which is the southernmost room. Check the wall and you should see a set of five runes. Take a screenshot or use Photo Mode just in case the symbols are different in your playthrough.
In my case, I got “A” -> mushroom -> “V” -> triangle -> boat. As such, I just interacted with each rock until all were lit.
Do it right and you’ll solve the Standing Stones puzzle in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, which will spawn a Legendary Arcane Chest at your location. Open it to receive some nifty cosmetics.
Do take note that there are two more sets of codes in the game. The second is found in Agatha’s house, which is further north of the Abbey Grounds. The third and final one, meanwhile, is discovered in a certain character’s house, which you’ll gain access to close to the conclusion of the campaign. We won’t spoil it here, but you definitely can’t miss it.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.