Heroic Games Launcher continues advancing letting you manage your games from GOG, Epic Games and more on Linux, Steam Deck, macOS and Windows. Easily my favourite launcher next to Steam. In case you missed it, be sure to check out my recent interview with the creator.
Pictured – the new Midnight Mirage theme.
This release continues their work to make it as feature-filled as possible, while also working to ensure it’s stable so there’s a mixture of smaller features and bug fixes.
Highlights of what’s new in version 2.6.0:
- New Default Theme ‘Midnight Mirage’
- Game Settings will open on a dialog now instead of a new page, making it easier to access them.
- New item on the game submenu called ‘Extra Info’ will show extra information like HowLongToBeat and Game Score
- Heroic will show progress for individual files when moving a game
- Better caching for GOG games information
- [Linux/macOS] When the selected wine version was not found Heroic will search and suggest another one
- [macOS] Wine manager was enabled and it is possible to download Wine Crossover and Wine-Staging directly from Heroic.
- Added setting to auto-update games and also to skip updates for a specific game
- Sidebar now will resize on drag event
- Now it is possible to see the download size and platform of the game on the Downloads manager
- Added a button to retry the auto-detection of the saves game path for games that supports cloud sync saves
- [Windows] Arm64 build available
- Heroic will block the installation when changing the platform on the install dialog to avoid corrupting the game
- Fixes and improvements on GOG games setup and installation
- Fix game status not working properly sometimes
- Ui fixes and improvements
- Several other fixes and improvements