Screenshot by PC Invasion
Marvel’s Midnight Suns has mighty warriors, supreme sorcerers, and angry mutants. What’s the most common thread? Well, they’ve all got their own style. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide to help you with hero cosmetics and customization options.
Note: We’ll have a Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide – Hero cosmetics and customization explained
Hero cosmetics and customization options in Marvel’s Midnight Suns can be accessed by pressing “1” (the default key). With the Hero screen open, go to the Customization tab to see another panel. There, you’ll find the following:
- Base Appearance – Lets you change the facial features of the Hunter player character only.
- Abbey Outfit – These are the casual clothes and swimsuits that you can purchase. These are worn while in the Abbey hub.
- Combat Outfit – These are the costumes worn by heroes whenever they undertake missions. You can toggle the function that lets characters wear their combat outfits even while they’re in the Abbey hub.
Note: You can also obtain extra items like masks, horns, circlets, armaments, and more.
Gloss, Eclipse Credits, and unlock methods
- Gloss – This is the base currency used to purchase almost all regular cosmetics and customization options in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. Examples include rare/common attires, painting conversions, facial features that you did not select during character creation, different costume color schemes, and more. You can earn Gloss by completing missions, or by increasing the difficulty as you progress further in the campaign.
- Eclipse Credits – This is the premium currency in the game, which you’ll need to buy using cash. This is used to purchase higher-rarity outfits, special edition unlocks, and those that are only found in the Marketplace.
- Hangouts, Sparring, and other activities – There are many activities that you can undertake while in the Abbey. Some of these will reward you with additional attires depending on the character you talk to. This is related to the Friendship level mechanic.
Combat Outfits: The Hunter, your squadmates, and special edition versions
- The Hunter has several unique combat outfits that can only be unlocked through specific requirements. These include advancing further/finishing the campaign, fully reaching the max alignment, and finding secrets/collectibles. These tend to provide gameplay boosts.
- Your squadmates also have their own unique combat outfits, but these tend to be purely cosmetic. These come from preorders (i.e., Defenders Dr. Strange) and special edition game versions (i.e., Digital+ or Legendary Edition). Alternatively, they may show up in the Marketplace, allowing you to buy them with Eclipse Credits.
- Characters also have a Midnight Sun variant which can only be obtained by completing their respective Midnight Sun challenge in the Armory. This becomes available when you max out a hero’s Friendship level.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.