Disney Dreamlight Valley‘s December update arrives this month, bringing with it more new content.
The December update is the second high-profile update for the Early Access game, following the Scar’s Kingdom Update in October.
This second update, named Missions in Uncharted Space, offers a number of new features that should make fans of the series happy.
The most notable of these is the addition of the game’s fifth realm – a new Toy Story area will be added, joining the existing Frozen, Moana, Wall-E and Ratatouille ones.
Set in Bonnie’s Room from Toy Story 4, completing the missions in this realm will eventually let players bring Woody and Buzz Lightyear to their valley as villagers.
Also coming to the December update is Stitch, the fan favourite Disney character from the 2002 movie Lilo & Stitch.
Finally, a new Star Path is coming with what developer Gameloft says will be a festive theme, enabling players to unlock new Christmas furniture, decals and outfits by carrying out tasks.
Disney Dreamlight Valley – December update release date and time
Gameloft has confirmed that the December update for the game will be released on Tuesday, December 6.
As for what time it will roll out, Gameloft hasn’t officially given a specific time yet.
However, given that the previous update started rolling out at 9am ET / 2pm GMT, it stands to reason that this will be the most likely time we’ll start to see the December update rolling out.
It may be worth following these steps before you update – Gameloft listed them before the first major update was released and they’re likely to still be relevant this time.
- Save your game before updating. If you are using cross-save, connect to the internet and save to the Cloud as well.
- Close your game completely. If you play with Quick Resume on Xbox Series X/S, close the game entirely to avoid issues.
- Once you connect online to update the game, if you’re using cross-save don’t play on another device offline.
- Once the game has updated, load the game and save immediately before progressing.
- Once updated, the new Star Path should be available.