Years and years of new builds, road networks and parks are coming to an end, with the release of the final expansion for Cities: Skylines.
But we are ones to live in the present: Cities: Skylines – Hotels & Retreats is now available on Xbox, PlayStation and PC, and brings with it a host of hotel buildings, ways to manage your new getaways for your customers, and a whopping five new maps for you to explore. These are three European-inspired maps, a tropical map, and a temperate map for those who prefer a diverse environment. Such key features are summarised in the following notes:
- Hotel Buildings: Hostels, cabins, hotels, luxurious resorts… you name it! Add a series of hotel buildings to your city on a range of budgets.
- Hotel Management: Start with one-star hotels and unlock new options as your business revenue and popularity booms.
- Tourism Buildings: New structures will support your hotels: parks, restaurants, playgrounds, and cafès.
- Location: Matching hotels with good locations will be paramount, as differing locations will attract different tourist groups. We added 5 new maps for your hotels (3 European-inspired maps, 1 tropical map, and 1 temperate map)
The launch of the Hotels and Retreats expansion is somewhat of a bittersweet moment for Tantalus Media and Paradox Interactive; as soon as one door closes, the door to a sequel is opening. Mariina Hallikainen – the CEO of Colossal Order – had this to say of today’s release:
“Looking back on the incredible journey of Cities: Skylines, it’s clear to see that it has become more than just a game. It’s a community of passionate and creative individuals who have built intricate and magnificent cities with their own unique visions,” said Mariina Hallikainen, CEO of Colossal Order. “Hotels & Retreats is the last expansion for Cities: Skylines and celebrates its legacy by introducing ways for players to express their creativity.”
In addition to dev-created features, this expansion also includes a number of maps created by Content Creators:
- Industrial Evolution: Walk the path of history with “Industrial Evolution”, from Community Creator Samantha “Avanya” Woods. This Content Creator Pack includes a new set of growable buildings that span different eras of industrial building styles, from red brick walls to modern, sleek industrial complexes.
- Industrial Evolution includes a total of 70 new buildings inspired by both historic and contemporary industrial buildings.
- Railroads of Japan: Fun discoveries await with “Railroads of Japan” from Content Creator Ryuichi Kaminogi, adding authentic Japanese railroad scenery to Cities: Skylines with stations, trains, buses, and more!
- Watch your citizens travel using the metro, bus, and railroad. Decorate your commutes with networks, props, and police stations.
- Brooklyn & Queens: This pack from Content Creator Prosper, is a set of medium-rise high-density residential buildings and props inspired by the neighbourhoods of Brooklyn and Queens for decorating your city’s facade and rooftops.
- Brooklyn & Queens includes 60+ growable buildings and props, such as rental signs, window air conditioners, exhaust fans, stairways, and more!
And finally, two new radio stations will arrive alongside this expansion, allowing you to jam to even more tunes as you carve out your perfect holiday:
- Piano Tunes Radio: “Piano Tunes” is the perfect Radio Station for those who love whimsical and elegant piano music. With 16 songs and approximately one hour of music, your city will rise flawlessly from your fingertips!
- 90’s Pop Radio: Return to some 20th century classics with “90’s Pop”! Enjoy 16 new tracks and almost one hour of music.
Now that’s what we call an expansion! Cities: Skylines – Hotels & Retreats is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4 and PC, for £6.69. There’s also a full Cities: Skylines – Hotels & Retreats Bundle for £24.99 – that brings together pretty much everything you could wish for.
Before picking up a copy on the Xbox Store, be sure to check out our full review of the main Remastered game. The remastered versions of these content packs and mini-expansion for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S have been promised for later this summer.
Spruce up your City with the finest hôtellerie with “Hotels & Retreats”! With everything from conference hotels for your business travelers, to mountain hotels for nature lovers. Start with a small hotel chain and unlock more luxurious options as you make your way to a successful hotel business- with a significant tourism boost for your city.