Beat Hazard 3 is a music-driven twin-stick shooter currently in Early Access, and it should now play a whole lot better on Steam Deck. Released initially back in November 2022, it still has a good while left in Early Access so more work is to be done but some fun stuff landed recently.
In an update released on February 23rd, Steam Deck owners will enjoy the patch notes:
- Huge fps optimisation for Steam Deck. The game should now run at 60fps on Steam Deck. Please use the ‘Steam Deck Optimised’ launch option.
- Added option to disable motion blur.
- Graphic detail setting should now have a marked effect on lower spec machines without compromising visual quality so much.
I’m going to have to take a look at this one…it looks absolutely crazy.
- Awesome arcade action powered by YOUR music! It’s time to explore and relive the joy of listening to your music collection, each song will have its own unique ebb and flow based on the music.
- Use your music to create a vast explorable galaxy of music! Discover new ships and upgrades as you journey through the cosmos.
- Build and upgrade your mothership and travel the stars. Your galactic fortress awaits.
- Unreal Engine: Upgraded blistering visuals that pump and blast to the beat of the music.
- Boss and Player ships are procedurally created by your music! Taking music powered gameplay to the next level.
- Compatible with any premium music service via ‘Open Mic’ mode allowing you to play to any music source, e.g. Spotify, Amazon Music.
You can buy it on Humble Store and Steam.